Saturday, October 30, 2010

2000 tutus?!


Hey, everybody! I'm Caroline. I'm from China. Pretty sure you guessed that part. Am I cute or what?? My mom wanted me to tell you she's re-posting a little bit of our story from one of our first posts at the beginning of the month that kind of sums up what this 2000 tutus business is all about! If you're a follower or if you're a newcomer, please check back this week! I'm going to have some fun new designs and ribbons to share, and you won't want to miss the unveiling of the Turkey Tutu. Thanks for visiting from Linny's blog!! And thanks, Linny, for this wonderful idea of sharing on your blog!


2000 tutus.

Yes. 2000. tutus.

There. I said it.

Talk about the crazy things that love will make you do.

And there's really no other way to describe this venture. Even I know it sounds ridiculous and more than a little intimidating. Add to that a fairly solid list of "what if"s. Couldn't I choose a more conventional method of fundraising? Surely something other than tutus would be a more practical way to raise money. What if it bombs, and I'm left holding the bag (of tulle, no less)?

But the truth is that none of that really matters. It doesn't matter if I sell you a book or a necklace or a t-shirt or a bag of coffee. They're all just a means to an end. What matters is that God has laid on my heart that there's another baby girl in China, a little one we will name Mary-Kate, who is meant to be in our family. And, as crazy as it sounds, I believe He gave me this idea. HE is capable of using any means for His ultimate purposes. So I've armed myself with piles of tulle and ribbon, and I'm off into this glorious unknown.

If you'd like to join us on this journey, visit the oh, the possibilities page to get some ideas or go to our shop page to see the designs we already have! You can email us at contact.2000tutus@rocketmail.com or leave a comment if you have any ideas for your own tutu design you'd like us to make!

If you'd like to read a little more about our story, here's a link to our very first post from the beginning of this month. You can also click on our story and 2000 tutus?! at the top of the page. And one more thing...I'm typing this in about five minutes or less...I'm headed out the door to the Indiana State Marching Band Finals to see my oldest two daughters and the awesome Spirit of Central perform, so life is a little crazy tonight. Well, I guess I already claimed the crazy. Just backing it up!! Go SPIRIT!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to add a button to www.wearegraftedin.com, please let me know. I'd be glad to!
Kelly

shop jewelry

shop shirts

shop tutus

shop tees and more

blog archive

mission: mary-kate

mission: mary-kate
http://missionmarykate.blogspot.com/
2000 Tutus

followers

design by

Weaksauce Blogs